Sunday, April 3, 2011

Secret Millionaire

If you have not seen this show you need to!
Watching these millionaires give thousands to those in need gives me chills and makes me cry
When I think of donating thousands of dollars I always picture a third world country as the recipient
But there are people living right around the corner who need help as well
This week the coulple who founded Curves set out to change lives
They volunteered undercover.......
at a wellness center that helps excercise people with disease
a youth home that takes care of children whos parents are in jail
and a dayhab that entertains handicap adults
after a week of volunteering and coming to love these people
they pulled out their checkbook
$100,000 to the wellnes center
$50,000 to the youth home
250,000 to the dayhab for hadicap adults
giving away a total of $400,000
watching them hand over each check made me so emotional
Watching this show makes me want go out and make a difference
Maybe one day I will be a secret millionaire.......
But for now I can give small acts of service:)

No comments:

Post a Comment